Today God gave me an image it was jars on a shelf and inside each one held pieces of dreams thoughts etc. All ingredients being stored away.. Here's your visual
Jar 1... My dreams from college. Dreams to be overseas. To do mission work in some third world country. I put this dream on the shelf long ago as I became a mother and a wife. God refined this dream he taught me that he wouldn't love me more if I was over there, he taught me that identity and purpose are not in what we do but who we are in him..
Jar 2... Not really a dream but something that made my heart come alive. I watched that movie born into brothels. It was about children in India and this woman who went over and taught them how to take pictures. She gave them purpose and dreams. She captured their hearts and gave them something to look forward to. She even helped them get into schools... She made a difference in their lives, a lasting impact. These images are burned into my heart.
Jar 3... Facing Codependency I went through this book this last year. God restored a child... this jar is not for the blog but it's a jar filled with innocence, image and child like wonder.
Jar 4... New Dreams... For the past year Dustin and I have been talking about teaching art. Wondering if this could be something that I start looking into after the kids go to school.
Jar 5... Who I am as a physical person with love of art. writing. creating. adventure. crazy emotions and passion. Letting go of ideals, expectancy and what I thought these shelves would look like.
New International Version
I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds.

2 comments:
Nat, I love how the Lord speaks to you and gives you visuals! So excited to see and hear about all the things that He has "PREPARED in ADVANCE for you"! I am reminded of Phil 1:6 as I read this post! "He who began a good work in you will carry it out unto completion!" Praying like never before! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!
I ditto Abbie! I LOVE your visuals and your passion. And I love each jar. The part in jar one that says He refined you to see that it's what you are in Him that counts, not where you are. LOVE IT. That hit home to me. jar 2...I'm going to have to see that. Sounds AMAZING. I absolutely love stories like that. Jar 3, I want to see that book. Sounds awesome. Jar 4, girl I see you as an amazing teacher and I know God has set you apart for exicting things. Things that you will leave an impact and bring Him glory. Jar 5, I'll pray God keeps showing you how much He loves you and how He has made you fearfully and wonderfully!
I have a hard time with really wanting to make an impact for Christ and I equate that to doing something for the least of these in other countries but that's not where God has me. He wants me make an impact in my kids lives. Man have I failed so many times but I want so badly to be refined in the place I am. To be a mom that they look back and say man mom really loved Jesus. Thanks for sharing friend!
Love you much!
Post a Comment