Wow... I thought all of this was going to be much harder than it has been... Instead my heart is just filled with thankfulness. Im thankful to have known and been apart of such a life as her's. Yesterday I took time to celebrate her. I had hot coffee. We played in the rain (she loved storms). I bought fresh flowers. And I took time to acknowledge and remember her in my mind.
Today I will get out to the scrapbook and show the girls pictures of her. Lucy will likely tell me that the flowers are for Grandma Di. And then she will follow up with "she's with Jesus mommy."
I think when I think about missing mom they are mostly for my own sake. Because she celebrated who I was. And I loved that she loved me. Maybe other days will be harder than today... But today is ok..
Thank you father that she knew you before she left this earth. Today the flowers and the rain are abundant in heaven. She is more fulfilled and joyful than she has ever been. Thank you that she doesn't know pain or heartache today she knows You!! And thank you for sweet friends who celebrate with me. Who allow me not to let her memory fade. Who pray for my heart and walk through life with me..
No comments:
Post a Comment