Saturday, April 24, 2010

order your life

I know hearing about all the "pictures of my heart" is a little superfluous right now... but what the heck.... here's another one...

"Order your life," those were the words I felt like God spoke at new years and a picture of clean cabinets came to mind. Everyone I told that to said what do you think that means... and I said... ummm. I don't know... I kind of thought at the moment that that was a spiritual conotation. But at LG last week I felt like God said it was physical. So the last friday I set my heart to cleaning every cabinet in my house. And I did an awesome job... On the inside every thing is in rows, all the extra junk is out and only the stuff I really love remains. And I wish I could tell you the rest of my house looked that way as well, but it's a mess. There are crumbs on the floor, and all the normal tiding I usually do to cover the inside of the cabinets has been sacrificed the last couple days. I even organized the girls clothing by color today... but their floor has all the toys from the day strung around.

And then tonight the light came on... I realized that God was giving me a physical picture of what he was doing in my heart. And there is just the realization that when we start diggin in, cleaning out, that we cant maintain the same "tidy schedule" we are use to... So our messiness is revealed to the world, but our hearts are being washed. Over the past few months God has been cleaning the cabinets of my heart, and let me tell you... the living room of my heart is kind of a mess... But that mess feels so much better than a clean house with dirty cabinets... does that make sense??

Thank you Lord that the word you spoke 4 months ago is finally making sense today... I love the way you speak in big stretched out pictures and that you give us tangible moments to reconcile the intangible...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"You give us the tangible moments to reconcile the intangible..." I really like that. :)