Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Listening

Wanting to dull my mind a bit I have a favorite game I like to play. It's some word whiz game on the internet... and I play it a little too much. Today I was convicted and thought you know I should be doing something a little more productive... Maybe I will just start asking God if it's ok before I jump into the game..


As I pulled up the site today (of course not asking before I did) it shut down my browser... Funny I thought... Let's try that again... Bleep it shut down again... Ok God. what would you like me to do.. Go clean your room... um... really? Yes go clean your room. Ok so I got up and I was expecting to find a hint of what i was suppose to do next. I thought well Im already up might as well clean the bathroom cabinets... then as I was picking up the last article my shoes from beside my bed... I found my treasure my next clue. It was my bible study  that I printed out yesterday... there it was just waiting for me...


Isn't that fun... The only way we get anywhere is by obeying one step at a time, and sometimes God takes us on a journey to get us there.  He wants to confirm in our hearts that his voice is clear that if we follow, obey and believe that when we finish that task he will have another one for us... And his gift in obedience is always life...


What I find really normal is in the middle of this listening process I became anxious... well maybe he won't speak to me maybe I should go clean the bathroom, instead of just waiting until the job was finished... Isn't that all too familiar. We lose hope that we have really heard the voice of God.


My study today... much more enjoyable than that silly game...


Thank you father for distracting my path... in not only this area but other areas as well... that you might lead me to the source of great life.  amen

No comments: