Saturday, December 19, 2009

My People

I was reading in Isaiah 10 this morning and a particular phrase stuck out to me. He was rebuking those who do this and that and then he said and rob the poor [my people] of their rights... MY PEOPLE.. that phrase kept repeating in my head. So today (compassion day) in our LG I felt like the Lord gave me instruction. "Natalie when you see people today, see my people."

I have a different vocabulary in my head than I do in my mouth. Sometimes its dirty person, rude teenage boy, scarry man, frilly flaunty girl, etc. But today God challenged that vocabulary by replacing those names with MY PEOPLE. It was freeing and redeeming, and it made my heart feel alive. And then at last, I looked at my husband and God said Natalie this is my people, and I looked at my children... this is my people.

May we all see God's people today..