Thinking of my mother today. How the holidays were her favorite. How she would decorate the house. The smell of apple crisp, hot tea, and long conversations till the wee hours. Card games and walks in the freezing cold, little lights and her cats. If I close my eyes I can picture my self there opening gifts and watching what it would have been like for her to play with the girls.
From a book my friend explained how we are always surprised by the time, time is flying or look how big she is these expressions are part of our common language. And she expressed that it's because we are people in constant motion moving toward an end point. She said it much better than me, but today I am more aware of that than ever... It's not our place to cozy in. Were all moving toward our future home with our maker... And the time that is behind us can never be experienced again.
No comments:
Post a Comment