Sunday, April 6, 2014

Update

I think it's been a year now since dust quit his job to become an eclectic worker. He's done a little bit of everything since then, Home remodeling, furniture building, Duct cleaning, Contract work, Selling Storm Rooms. He has stayed busy and despite his best efforts to find a permanent position, he is still in a place of come and go work. Which leaves us in a tight position of what do we do next.

Every step to this point has felt crazy.. but God led, and at times felt un-responsible yet so life giving. As we look ahead we sense our hearts being led towards an open schedule... flexible. And I have no idea what to do with that. But trust in God's perfect timing and plan, and that it will all come together as it did several years ago, though never the same as before.

We watched narnia the other night, and the phrase he never does the same thing twice struck a chord deep in my heart.

He is a river that is always changing and flowing and our only options is to get in the boat or drown.

I however have accepted a full time position at our public school that the girls go to. And I am thrilled at the opportunity to have a broader mission field, doing the very thing that God has so gracefully equipped me for, led me down, and opened the doors to.

At World Mandate, which i watched from my living room, God led me through a sketch. I started with a heart... (cheezy I thought at the time) Wrapped around it was my husband, water and light representing children. There was a splatter of paint and a child with sad eyes peeking out.which represented teaching,... I wish i could find it.. As i finished.. God asked me the poignant and direct question "where's you computer Nat"...

So here we are so many  months later.. And my world is about to drastically change. I feel SO called to teaching. So much joy in teaching. I am truly thankful for what's ahead.

It was a great haul to get us here, a great haul from God, but He has moved our hearts and made us confident of our steps.

1 comment:

Tara Craver said...

So excited for you! Use what He has gifted you so well in, friend!! Praying!! :)