My mom always made time for the rain. She would turn out the lights, light a candle, get a cup of tea, pull up a chair, smoke a cig, and be surrounded by all the sounds and smells of the storm. We would sit in silence together and some times she would laugh out of no where and some times she would sing a Lyle Lovitt tune but I would always try to keep my questions and comments at bay. I knew it was a special time. A time she cherished. A time I cherished.
Rain is kind of funny, often you don't know when its coming or going, but when you make time for it, it becomes a welcomed friend. And when you sit though it you realize the power all around you in the wind and the thunder and lightning..... and suddenly you and all your problems become very small and God becomes very big.
Today I am thankful for the rain, and thankful for special moments with my mom..

No comments:
Post a Comment