Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Big K

You will have to excuse my voice and the video movement... Irritated just listening! But Lucy's voice is too sweet to pass up!

We made it... The first day down of the rest of her educational life... Only about 16 more years. Whew.
Lucy was incredibly confident, and so happy. We are so thankful we did not start her in preschool this past year. On the way home Dustin and I reminisiced about the day she was born, before she could walk and all the time leading up to such a big day in her life. 8-3 every day... Eesh.  I bawled. like a baby. My heart just ached. For some reason this was different that MDO, besides the fact that it's mod was 2 times a week, there is something that feels more permanent about this one... More like letting go than the previous years.

But I'm also thankful for all this time we have spent at home. I feel like we have done to the best of our ability things right. 5 years of time well spent, forgoing some ladder that would have to end. SO thankful to be able to work at home. I hope we have somewhat prepared her for what's coming ahead, God will make up for our shortcomings. For that we are thankful...





1 comment:

the sealey family said...

So precious and throat tightening!
Way to go mama! You did it!