
These are the crazy ladies that attributed to my childhood rearing. Each one has a special laugh all their own, each one has a true sense of sisterhood. Meaning, we take care of each other no matter what. These ladies have traveled through dark days and happy days together. And today memories of them are flooding back to my heart and mind.
One in particular though, is Sally. She is second from the back on the left side. And though she often took a back ground role, never really giving me advice or instruction, in fact she was just there mostly. But, she was full of joy taking life less seriously, laughing often.
Camping was a big favorite for us and I remember often waking up in the wee hours of the morning, fog covering the river the fire smoldering and the first glimpses of light hovering above the tree line.
And Sally would be there with her chair facing the sun as quiet as the stillness of the morning, and she would stay still and quiet until all around her was moving too much to concentrate anymore. As a child moving and moving and moving this didn't make sense to me. But as an adult It certainly does. I need the stillness to center my heart. I need the quiet to figure out what God is speaking.
And I can only imagine what God was speaking to her, but I hope she heard how much He loved her. I hope she sensed his presence in the wavering trees and rushing river. Today is our day.. Our day of silence. of stillness. May we find him in the most remote and most hurried of circumstances. Peace be with you friends.
1 comment:
oh wow! that photo reminds me of many lake days I spent as a child - thanks for the insight and step back into a different time to help me remember to glean from it and give thanks for it. good thoughts friend!
Post a Comment