Funny because as I was at my home school meeting today I was a little intimidated to tell others of our decision to school Lu. So many decisions to compare ourselves to in one setting. To work - To not work, To school - home school, To stay in the US - to go over seas (dunns), We are making these huge life decision day after day, and my assurance can only be found one place...
The Lord prepared me before I left today, "I'm not here on earth to do my own thing, or to seek my own fulfillment or my own glory. I'm not here to impress people, to be popular, to prove I'm somebody important, or to promote myself. I'm not here even to be relevant or successful by human standards. I'm here to please you - God." Ruth Myers
I had forgotten how much I loved teaching just even over the summer. This morning I was faced with a few precarious situations dealing with teachers and parents... But nothing mattered as I looked into the sweet faces of the children in front of me. And once again I felt God's presence and Joy wash over me as I showed the classes off to the students... It's the same presence I felt when I was bandaging my mother those many nights ago. The same presence I have felt in every major trial leading to now.. He is with us in sorrow and he is with us in joy.
On the drive home I was recalling how all of this even happened - how God set all of this up... and I have assurance that he is with me, that his heart is with me... And I love this... I love this so much.
Eric Liddell: I believe God made me for a purpose, but he also made me fast. And when I run I feel His pleasure.
No comments:
Post a Comment