The path I walk is scattered with debris. Glowing fireflies light the way. The air is stale and cool. My heart has taken courage, the events of the past have led me to this point and I am not going to give up now. My destination is clear. But as I forge ahead in this smoggy night I can see the outline of the mountain ahead. I've heard the rumors of this thing. I've been counseled. I've been warned and I've been fearful. This beast ahead of me is not like the the encounters from before. When fighting the bear and the lion I found a spear, In the tornado I found a ditch and a covering to protect me. In the battle I had armor, Yes I was wounded and grazed by bullets but my shield protected my most vital organs. But something about this mountain... the length of days it will take to travel, the fatigue, the predators and thieves along the way... What am I worried about... It's just a mountain right? I've made it this far...
Well my compass is faced north... I will travel to the base tomorrow. Tonight a glowing tavern engraved in the strong oak awaits my rest. It's amazing how comforting a bed of dirt can be after this many years of travel. As I lay here tonight I hear the voice of my Father. Rest my daughter, I hold you in the palm of my hand. Cease striving. Tonight, I am your refuge. Tears stream down my face, this voice and the affirmation of this faithful father has carried me so far. He has never left me. He has never fallen out of love with me... He is faithful. Tonight in this haven I am filled with the warmth of the glow that envelopes me..
Stretching my hands I reach heavenward. The dew outside on the morning grass and the smell of the morning air are almost enticing enough to make me want to take the journey today. My fears however, are making even my bones ache. I guess there is no time to dwell on fear so with my walking staff in hand I proceed outside. I don't even look into the distance I just grab my compass, North it is... I take a deep breath and open my eyes to the horizon ahead of me...
What?? My entire body is frozen in time. The air is still around me, even my breath stops. I look around with bewilderment and astonishment I see only clear skies... Where is the mountain? WHERE is the mountain? I turn a 180 my compass faces south, the mountain now in front of me. My Father moved the mountain... He moved the mountain for me... Just for me. Once again my eyes are filled with tears... My heart is filled with hope and my mind is filled with awe.
Who is this king of Glory?
Who is this love amazing?
Thank you father... North it is...
1 comment:
Love that He is close and near to our hearts and that He does the things that seem impossible! He is good! Keep heading North! Love you
Post a Comment