Friday, August 20, 2010

Battlefield

The gun shots have ceased fire. Amongst the corpses of broken hearts and a string of rushed warriors lies an eerie silence. As often quoted before, though we have survived this battle the war is far from over. Sunlight streaks break through dusty gun smoked clouds, and though the air is still filled with smog we are thankful for a touch of breeze upon our face, a new day to breathe air, and a glimmer of hope.

My journal completes the rest of my thoughts for today, but at the end I was writing to God about how I wouldn't trade this life's battles for friendship with him... And then all of the sudden I felt a check in my spirit... Really Natalie? Because I kind of thought you might trade them for a super star christian life, a ministry job with a nice salary, and a frappe on the side... *Wham* He's Right... Easily and unknowingly I would trade many things for friendship with him- I know my self too well. So instead of giving him my superstar patent martyr answer I decided to just thank him because I could trust him. And any allowance he is making in my life (though painful at the moment) happens under an umbrella of redemption and hope on the other side. He is good and his love endures forever.

No comments: