Monday, March 15, 2010

Special Part II

You are special... seems to be a common theme in our house hold. We've got the book by Max, the DVD about Hermie the Worm, we are speaking it verbally and not only are the kids soaking in their specialness so is Mom.

Doesn't that sound arrogant? It's ok for my kids to be filled with their value and ok for me too! In class today we studied the terms Redemption, Propitiation, Justification, and Imputation. Wow, as I pour over these scriptures I am faced with the reality that everything good in my life is because of God. And because he has done all of these things for me, it's First for his own Name's sake and HIS GLORY but Two, it's because he has priced my life as valuable and loved me enough to pay a price. He paid with the most expensive ransom that the world has ever seen or known.

So as I go though week by week understanding the reality that my works are not why I am Saved, my works don't bring me favor, my works don't really do anything but prove that I am zealous for good deeds Titus 2:14. I am free. I am free to live -to breath- to love my children -to love my husband, not by our works but just because we have been proven VALUABLE by a God who gave everything for us.  I'm in love with this God... I am in love with a God in which I am not the center but He is the center.

The Lord gave me a picture a couple weeks ago and at the end of it I saw a smoldering fire, and when I explained what I thought what God was speaking to me He said to me "It is finished..."
Today as I study what "finished"means in the Greek... It means PAID IN FULL... this moves me to tears...
He knew that I would be studying this week two weeks ago... HE KNEW!!

3 comments:

Abbie said...

FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!! Ps 46:10 Cease striving and know that I am God! LIBERTY!!!!!!!!! Isaiah 55:8 For My thoughts are not your thoughts Nor are your ways my ways declares the Lord For as the heavens are higher then the earth so are My ways higher than yours and my thoughts than your thoughts REJOICING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tara said...

What class are you taking? :) I love Max and Hermie! :) And I love that God speaks to each of us individually right when and where and how we need it. What an awesome God we serve!

Natalie Ward said...

Tara, I'm taking an Inductive study class in Romans