Saturday, March 6, 2010

Precious stones

This journey back is sometimes long... To the untrained eye, it's a road straight and plain, but to the journeyer it's traversed with wide scoped mountains, deep valleys, and thick woods. Along my walk this time I found a ruby, filled with excitement I wanted to show it to my friends, surprisingly they see stones of grey or other hues. Or skeptical they say that's not a ruby that's an axe... And I am reminded once again that though not alone, this is a road I must travel by myself... But I am thankful to have a face upon a child and the smell of a smoldering fire. One path is closed off and another will soon be discovered. And piece by piece I uncover stones, precious stones of beauty and I carry them close to my heart in hopes that one day I can  replace my walls of silence, fear, and anger with walls of precious stones.


 “O afflicted city, lashed by storms and not comforted, I will build you with stones of turquoise,a

1 comment:

Mandy said...

beautiful thouhts

(sorry didn't spell right on the first one)