Monday, March 8, 2010

Not very special

Lately Ive been reading a book to Lucy called "you are special" by Max L. The other morning we were having a rough morning... discipline session after discipline session...
We finally got to nap time and I said "I love you Lucy can I have a hug"
-NO- she quickly replied...
Oooh... are you mad at mama, I asked??
Yes she said as she twisted and turned looking at me.
I said well that's ok you can be mad at me because I still love you and I think you are special...

With that she puckered up her lip as much as she could pout, her eyes watered and she said "I'm not very special."

heartbreaking... Little sponges!!

1 comment:

the sealey family said...

breaks a mama's heart... but they are so resilient and so forgiving. you are a great mama and she is very special... i love that book!