Thursday, June 11, 2009

A Dream

I had a dream last night. I have dreams often. Dreams where I wake up and the Lord unfolds each section. He tells me the meaning. You know what I find funny about dreams and why I think God speaks to us in them... Because in them we can feel such strong emotion. We cant rationalize our feelings, and we cant make our selves think straight and out of that emotion God wants to tell us a story.

Well the details of this dream are a little too intense to share with a broad audience which may discount what I have to say next but just go with me on this one...

Through my dream, God revealed to me that I spend far too much time trying to have it all together and trying to fit in among those who are attractive, both physically and spiritually. And God has called us to be among those who are physically  and spiritually hurting physically and spiritually  unattractive, those who are in the face of major flaws, major setbacks, major sin issues. And actually its because of our own setbacks, our own unattractiveness, our own struggle against sin that we will fit in among them. (or us) There were many different levels of this dream, but in one of the last scenes because we had chosen to not hide "our unattractiveness" we had chosen the long route, not the quick fix. We had an inheritance, It was more than we could ever imagine. All throughout the dream, I just remember carrying the feeling, of we don't fit in among the popular or the great, and we were mocked and tortured by demons but it didn't matter - it wasn't our place to fit in among them.

So today lets consider the fact that this earth isn't our place to cozy in, and make ourselves into spiritual Giants, to make our self popular among the crowds. its not our place to make our name great.  It's our place to go low. To overcome. To struggle with death, with sin, with fear, with the pain of not having it all together. And when we endure because of our of vulnerability, toil, and affliction our inheritance will be great.

1 comment:

Elise said...

Natalie, I stumbled upon your blog via the Rogers' blog. I, too, have vivid dreams from which I feel God speaking to me. Yours encouraged me- I love the way you write. Your tone is filled with love & peace. Be encouraged- your words are encouraging others. Elise