Monday, April 27, 2009

Light and Water :explained further

Its funny that Light and Water are so different, in their natural elements, just as my children are.

Lucy (meaning Light) my golden retriever personality, full of discernment, quietness, pondering thoughts, routine, cleanness. I remember lucy as a baby, she was a clean eater, she was content to lay in the floor next to me, or to be cuddled up tight. She started sleeping on a consistent schedule pretty much out of the womb. We hardly ever heard a wimpier out of her, she cried very little.

And as I tried holding River (symbol of water) this morning as she is trying to squirm out of my hands, so i lay her down and she wants something else, I try the swing and she chooses the bumbo the very thing she despised the day before- I am reminded of how beautiful my very different children are. I feed her and she is wearing her food from her head to her toes as well as the 5 foot square radius around her. She loves adventure, (I know this because she likes to try/sit new places and eat new things every day) she wants to be where the party is, a otter personality at heart. And as long as she is not doing the same thing she did the day before she can probably be happy.

Im so excited to be a mother of two very different children. Pray for me as I need wisdom to mother both their hearts in very different ways. I am so in love with them and I am so pleased with them.

2 comments:

Jon & Ashley McP said...

Molly seems to be a lot like Lucy. I don't know how you do it with two!! Miss you!

Tara said...

Have our children met? Maybe talked about this?? hehe That is Gauge and Teagan to the tee. I just told Chris, I want Teagan to cuddle with me and sit with me but no no no...she wants to go, do, be busy, anything but sit still. They are wonderful aren't they?