Sunday, March 29, 2009

a home

There has been a lot of crying this week. Some rejoicing, some lamenting, some just releasing. Well first things first... MOM IS IN A HOME (a nursing home in Salem AR). Its a sad when I think about my mom's tears of joy were because she is now getting fed three times a day and she has someone to play dominoes with. Thank you Jesus... Thank you Jesus ... Thank you Jesus... These words keep rolling around in my mind and off my tongue. My heart rejoices for HE IS GOOD!

I have a small confession to make though, and now that I've confessed it to God I will confess it to you. Last week, I started to ask Him if He was really there? And if He was, why wasn't he caring for his Loved ones (my mom). Desperation was up to my neck, and I told God that if He wanted Mom to come here he was going to have to speak to my husband in a vision. And though I knew there was a tone of manipulation in my prayers, I prayed them anyway - they were in my heart.

The next day I was doing a study with my friend.. And i heard this amazing story of how God had answered a particular prayer and all I could do was get up and walk away to the bathroom. I wasn't sad because he hadn't answered my prayer, I was sad because of my disbelief.


18I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.
22We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. 23Not only so, but we ourselves,who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies. 24For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has? 25But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.
26In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. 27And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will.

This verse became a treasure to me as I found a place to get alone yesterday morning, and then I heard the news of mom that afternoon... all I could do was cry for He HAS ANSWERED!
Thank you Jesus.

and now I have just one more extravagant prayer lord... I pray as you prayed extravagantly.. Father if you are willing would you take this cup from mom... would you heal her, yet not my will but yours.









1 comment:

Tara said...

Praise you Jesus!! I love how the Lord works. I love how He knows us so well and I love how He loves us :)
Love you and praying with you for healing...