After 68 years of marriage, and 80/90 something years of life, Gearldine (Dustin's Grandma) was invited home this past weekend. It was a somber experience, funerals always make me want to do something important with my life and have the reverse experience on Dustin. Looks like we need to find a balance between the vain ness of life and the beauty of it. The 6 hour trip turned into about 9 I think, as we have found that River is an awesome traveler but Lucy gets car sick. We also traveled in a caravan with two other children (4 children can make any trip long). It was sad to see Sam, as this man has buried his mom his dad, his brothers, most of his friends, and now his wife. His words were "I just cant wait to go and see her again." Gearldine was a wonderful mother, grandmother, and great grandmother...
My sister went to visit my mom this past weekend as well. She said her legs were way worse than expected. I looks like someone has taken a knife and cut portions out and her toes are completely black, the infection is getting worse and the gangrene is spreading. She will not be able to come to an acute nursing facility here in Texas due to medicaid/s.s. So she will probaly be moved to Arkansas sometime this week. She is swallowing now and eating real food. And has had more movement in her legs. She can still feel the pain in her legs which means she isn't completely paralyzed. Hopefully I will be able to go and see her soon. Necole said moms spirits were very down. She is giving up. She is angry.
Gods presence is near - and He is good...
Nat
1 comment:
I always come from funerals feeling the same way! i am also so sorry Lucy gets car sick. I have gotten super car sick since I was a child, my Mom had to always travel at night so I would sleep and not throw up! I will pray Lucy outgrows it! Praying for your Mom.
Post a Comment