Sunday, May 19, 2013

sandcastles and webs


The girls built sandcastles this weekend… Lots of them. They found treasures and soaked in all the sun and wind and waves they could get. And I, found a little peace with God. It’s been along time coming.

Dustin and I had the privilege of watching a spider weave her web. She worked diligently and efficiently. Her placement was perfect. Right on the pane of the glass that led to the living room the light could be seen on the other side attracting her daily food. And I was struck with the thought that a web created in obedience would produce much fruit. I’m certain there were many nights were the lights weren’t on. Would she have chosen to weave her web there even though she didn’t understand…. Waiting and watching… night after night… and then finally the light appears… And God speaks to her… This is why…

I’ve been walking in circles for a while now… working diligently for my reward. But has is been in obedience? It feels so much easier to say no than to justify the yes.

And finally… this is where I find him… His grace is so sufficient.  

Isaiah 49:23 (part c)- amplified- And you shall know (with an acquaintance and understanding based on and grounded in personal experience) that I am the Lord, for they shall not be put to shame who wait for, look for, hope for and expect me.