Well I could take this moment to share how I'm doing something important with my life but instead I will document one of my more embarrassing moments for my children in years to come. After they have had babies and let their bodies go for a bit.. It will be encouraging for all of us I'm sure..
So I have known for some time I need to get back in shape... Ive watched dustin go from skinny to buff in over a years time. He has been doing bootcamp for sometime now.. and he's really strong now...
So... thought I would give it a chance. I show up my first morning ahem 5:30 and about after 15 minutes I start feeling overworked and sick to my stomach. "really"... I think in my mind so I go over to throw up in the bushes and realize hmm I think i should sit down. I then proceeded to pass out. ... Pass out COLD... White as a ghost... Waking to the repeated sound of my name... I say... wow.. I didn't realize i was this out of shape... I look over to see the other people going about their work out as if there was noting to this...some twice my size others look like body builders... and I have a wakeup call... skinny is not healthy...
The leader guy told me he was about to call the ambulance as he didn't know if I was still breathing... He thought I was dying... I felt like i was dying...
Everyone encouraged me to come back... they said it will be worth it... I believe them... Heres to getting in shape... I may need some prayers
2 comments:
oh friend! I feel ya! I got there after K with the realities of where my body was and now I know I will have to go back there - yikes! And all I am saying is Crossfit has had great benefits for Keegan but I am not as brave as you and will not be following in his footsteps on that one - at least I say that now ;).If you want you are welcome to borrow our P90X videos, I liked doing it at home where no one saw me :)
I love the accountability of a group.. If I do it at home it won't happen!!... It's the Extrovert in me... But thanks... I'll be there for you next december!!
Post a Comment