Both my girls are snuggled in tightly after an afternoon at the park. God has kept me vulnerable as I walk through a crowd of people with river's pee making me look as though I had just done the same thing. Even with all these uncomfortable situations I am rounding the corner of 30 with thankfulness. I never could have imagined the dream I would be living in at this time in my life... God gives abundantly.
1. I am thankful God has given me a husband to go through thick and thin with me. Who loves me, cares for me, treats me like a queen, who considers me before himself and values me as his wife.
2. I am thankful God has given me two beautiful children to train, stumble with, and love.
3. I am thankful God has given me community.
4. I am thankful to be living out the dreams of my heart. Teaching, creating designing I feel so alive.
5. I am thankful for my sister... my closest friend, who knows all my junk from the beginning until now. I am thankful that she knows Jesus and we get to share this together. What a treasure.
6. I am thankful My mom isn't in pain anymore... I'm still sad she is gone :)
7. I am thankful for a Mimi and Pa who love consistently, have incredible intuition, watch our kids and give us breaks, who have blessed us more than we could ever express or imagine, with gifts, time, love. Our life is so much better because they are here and they give so freely.
8. I am thankful for all of my family in Arkansas. My parents, my cousins, my aunt Dana. These people who hold so much history, who have watched all or our lives unravel and unfold and stick together like glue. They have shown love and consistency they give abundantly in gifts and understand our that we have to live far away. They share holidays and don't hold expectations that we can't keep.
9. I am thankful for a brother and sister and law who by example show us what it's like to live this life intentionally, who train their children so well, who show hospitality and live in a way of leadership and love.
10. I am thankful for the day I met Kate Head. She has changed my life. God used her to make everything in our world take a fundamental shift.
11. Thank you God for this house... I still walk these halls in amazement I stare at this beautiful bamboo and walk toward this beautiful park and I am overwhelmed. Lord you had good intentions for us a future and a hope that we could never fathom.
12. For my closest friends. I often measure my life and success by my friends... I know that's kind of weird. I think it's just how I'm built.. But God has given me an abundance of friends. Really close friends who aren't afraid to share their heart with me, who keep coming back though I cut off their sentences, they aren't afraid to correct me, they are not afraid to love me. I am so blessed. SO BLESSED.
13. Though I know it's a blessing both ways, I am thankful we don't have to struggle for the roof over our heads and the food we put in our mouths.
14. I am thankful to have another day to breathe, to learn more about God and to share him with others. I am optimistic that I will be much better at sharing the gospel this next coming year than I am now... Please lord overcome my pride, for I believe you are coming and the world must know about you. Lord I want to see your kingdom come on this earth more than anything... Show me how father.
Thank you God for life...
2 comments:
i love you, natalie!
happy birthday!!!
beautiful friend! you are a treasure!
Post a Comment