Potty training has been quite the mess for us, it's been hard. Lucy has been trained for almost a year now to go to the potty but she has been unwilling or unable (scared) to go poopoo. We have tried everything. Wrapped presents, Celebrations, and our last ditch effort was to discipline every time she went in her diaper at nap time... However she started waking screaming in the middle of the night.. I think she was traumatized a little... So Dustin and I decided that discipline was not the answer....
As I laid in bed frustrated, no sleep, scared child in the other room I asked God what to do... DUH... He said Natalie what do you do when you need help? Oh yea... I pray and you help me... So we decided to go in and pray with her every time she poo'd in her diaper. And now approximately one week later we are on Day 2 - count em 2 days of poopoo in the potty... We rejoiced and thanked Jesus that he gave her the courage to go in the potty together!! Lucy is so happy and so proud.
Thank you Father... that you continually remind us that nothing is on our own strength... it all comes from you!! I hate that I am so slow to learn, but I thank you that you teach me as I teach her... Were all in this together! - amen
4 comments:
First of all, I LOVE the tagline..."Where God and Poopoo intermingle." LOVE IT.
Secondly, whoever that poo would be such a cause for celebration? But here I find myself so excited about!! Way to go Lucy!
Hey, look, I'm Lisa again!!
this made me smile :-)
LOVE this!! And you aren't slow! You are way more ahead of me! I would probably not put the two together! haha.But I need to do this in everything I'm frustrated or stuck with! PRAY WITH THEM! :) I love how you are teaching her so much about a sweet relationship with Jesus. You're such a good mom Nat!
Post a Comment