Thursday, August 26, 2010

Rivs strikes again!!

Woohoo were on a roll!! Today this sweet girl didn't mind me working. I was creating a rush ad so my back was turned towards the kids. All the sudden I hear schooching in the background. "Oh no" are my thoughts "what is she doing now??" Well she comes in naked from her hiney down carrying her potty. What?  She had dropped her diaper next to my desk, she brought her potty to the kitchen, lifted the lid and started peeing in it... We had done this once last week at bath time but I have not mentioned or thought of it since. It was just a trial to see if she was ready. She stood up and showed me more because she wanted a treat... Then for the rest of her time awake this afternoon she kept going... Sitting on the potty, reading books, eating her apples... And every time she would stand up and in her high pitched voice oooh... She would show me her awesome work!! Then the kicker I went to put a diaper on her at nap time, and she ran away and went to the potty, sat on it and looked at me... She didn't put them on until I made them look like pull-ups and I showed her she could take them on and off!!!!   I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!! I am completely excited... What a gift from God!! I am going to keep working on this as much as I can while she is in the mood... So maybe by this time next week she'll be ready... I won't be terribly disappointed if not today was fun enough for many.

I was looking back through posts Lucy was fully trained 3 months before her 3rd birthday... and she would have not been ready any sooner!... River will be 2 in 2 months... This is wild... (Natalie... don't get your hopes up!!)

2 comments:

the sealey family said...

they certainly couldn't be more different, could they?

lucy was super easy with her paci - river will probably throw fits about that!

but, seriously potty training is the worst... so how wonderful would it be to have a 2-year old potty train herself! :)

Abbie said...

Yeah! ok ok I know I don't have kids don't know what its really like to potty train...GO RIVS! I think its okay to be excited about this nat! :) shoot I am for you!!