Tuesday, August 31, 2010

on a boat in the middle of the ocean..

The other night my heart was heavy.. When my heart is heavy God is near. I closed my eyes in a place of prayer sitting on my desk in my kitchen nook. I was transported to the middle of the ocean. A boat was rocking steady in place. I looked out and saw Jesus. He stretched his hand to me. Tripping over the side I fell out of the boat. imperfect. I stood up and laughed and walked ever so carefully to the man ahead of me. And from behind my closest friend looked around his side. friendship. She winked and drew her finger as if to say come on we've been waiting.. It's time.. And together we three started our journey out into the pitch black ocean. abyss. In my heart I knew an adventure was ahead of me. And I knew I could have only gotten there by one avenue. pain. It had called me out and it had brought me to a place I've longed for and will always long for. intimacy. Our greatest gift in this life... To know this God who walks every path with us.

1 comment:

the sealey family said...

so beautiful. i love your mind, nat. it's the artist in you. i think you sense things and feel things so much deeper than other people. it is a wonderful (but hard at times) trait to have.

thanks for sharing!