Thursday, July 15, 2010

New Decor

There are a lot of new things popping up around my house. This past weekend we went to shut down the house of Dustin's Grandparents, we had a yard sale and tried to sell most of their stuff.. We did however get to keep the best stuff for ourselves... Lately I've been thinking about how mom use to decorate everything. I remember walking around her house the first 10 minutes of every visit to see what she had done differently... It was one of her favorite things to do... SO after an entire year in our house I decided I would give it a shot and with Geraldine's and Mom's stuff I've had a lot of fun!


The knob hanger belonged to mom, and the aprons were hand made by G
 
Picture and tall vase (mom) "vintage" coasters and soap jar G.



All Mom's except the picture of Necole and Me and the sugar dish.. 

I love coffee cups I collect them (kinda) I like the unique ones. For some reason a coffee cup represents serenity a place of rest for me... So I was really excited to get this coffee cup hanger made by Sam and all my favorite cups and new favorite from G bottom center...
 
The pottery on the left Mom made when she was young, the one on the right I made, and the books were books she collected
The wardrobe is from my Great Grandma Johnson. Her picture is hanging on the inside!  It looks a little more worn in the pics than it looks in real life.  It's beaten up, but it's beautiful. Little green vase, turtle lamp and Jewelry box... all moms.
Last but not least this little teapot.. moms
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

the sealey family said...

so beautiful, nat! i love it!

Mandy said...

great and precious additions!

Tara said...

Super cute nat! I love it. I love familiy stuff. It just makes the home so much more special :)