Monday, June 14, 2010

resurrection


In the midsts of death this past weekend I decided to bring about a resurrection. Painting... I think I said this past year that I wasn't going to paint any more after a desperately failed attempt. But after hearing about mom... it was time... She loved to paint you know...

I celebrated my grief with a mojito, loud worship music, singing and this little masterpiece.


Ok ok I know it's not a masterpiece... but its value is a heart of healing...

And I will share it's meaning with you... There is a barrier of darkness that tries to separate us from fully seeing the light. But because the light is within us it cannot succeed. Instead we shine all the brighter in the midsts of darkness.  A picture of redemption!

I also got to indulge before hearing of my mothers passing in a camping trip.. And how thankful I am that our precious father set this up for me before I came home... It was a weekend of peace and life. I made a new friend. Camping is one of my most precious loves and its been almost 10 years since the last trip. I got to carry heavy things and build a fire, I got to roam freely and breath deep fresh air. My mom passed around the time we were visiting the most beautiful spot. Seriously I walked up and thought this does not belong in Texas. This belongs in costa rica or something... As I sat and looked at the falls my eyes actually watered a little and I thought I bet there is a piece of this in heaven.

Here are some pics from out trip.














What a joy to come home to my two beauties!!

No comments: