Well I picked up the epi pens today... After yesterdays events it will be nice to have them on hand. So Lucy was eating her sandwich, and decided she needed some discipline. I left the sandwich to river knowing she had it, but figuring ah. Im sure she has had it before -right? I mean lucy eats it every day? surley she has snuck some before? It would be nice to add what i can feed her to her menu.. Im just going to discipline lucy be back in a second.
I heard River crying but not thinking much about it kept trying to get lucy to say "Sorry mama for throwing a fit." Finally I came back in to find my little River eyes swollen shut, blisters on her face the size of my pinky, very pale not color in her lips they looked kind of blue and her panting... Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh. I picked her up ran her into the bathroom where the heck is the bynadryl (right in front of my face) I couldn't find it... Oh there it is... Gave her a half a teaspoon. Thinking at this point were need to get to the hospital I called every family member Kellye ( I had the wrong number) Dustin (Speaking in a meeting out of town) Mimi (phone wasn't near her) I went outside to see if my neighbor was home... He wasn't Crap.... Crap... Then i looked at her as I was holding her in my arms... The swelling started subsiding. The color was still gone from her face but she was breathing ok. Dustin called me back and I told him what happened he got ahold of his mom and sister and we had a little powwow as we watched Little River resume her normal state. Scary very scary to say the least... Now we know. When they say don't give kids peanut butter under the age of two they really mean it. :)
Live and learn...
1 comment:
Oh Nat! So scary! I'm so glad she is alright and that you are too! I would have been running around like a maniac! I'm not good with stuff like that. Thank you Lord for watching over River and being with Natalie.
Post a Comment